Tuesday, September 22, 2015

RIP, Space Hippie!





So, something happened along the way to creating a virtual space utopia; the EVE reality found its way to YHI's doorstep. The wheels fell off our Flower Power Volkswagen no sooner than we put out the corp advertisement for our free love and all that. We got wardec'ed by two entities within a week of going live with our re-introduction to recruiting. The experience was frustrating to what little number of corp members and new hires we had active, and it was more than a bit embarrassing for me personally because I feel like I let my fellow corp members down. In all honesty, I don't even feel compelled to name names, or expose spies or potential awox alts. I wanted to, but after a little introspection I decided not to. Why? Because the person(s) did their job, and they did it effectively enough to be disruptive, and as for myself I initially did my job horribly and have had to learn from the cascade of decisions that affected the entire corporation. In the aftermath, I feel as if other folks in my position should be able to learn, adapt and prepare for this test just as I have and accept the results. They'll be better for it I think.

So in the wake of these events, the free loving space hippie has been marched to the gallows and summarily executed. Its for the best I suppose. Above all else, I am very fortunate to have the support and understanding from my corp mates and other friends in EVE. I am still humbly accepting all manner of "I told you so" messages for the foreseeable future, in order to keep my ego in check, so keep them coming!









No comments:

Post a Comment